Consisting of four members from across America, but now based out of LA, HEALTH are genuinely a band that you need to experience live at least once. Running through a selection of the tunes you might have recognised from 'Get Colour' or their various vinyl releases were it not for the band doing their utmost to bury the every last note in a near-unbearable sea of distortion, digital pedal effects and analouge feedback loops, ultimately achieving the unenviable task of following Chrome Hoof and managing to create a comperable sense of entrancement. Finishing off the set with an encore consisting of what I think was the sublime 'USA boys', of course by this point the ringing in my ears was unbearable, the speakers distorting, security having to throw over-excited revellers off the stage, the audience entranced. For the first time I realised I had been standing directly next to a main speaker the whole time, worried for my hearing I decided I should best leave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEALTH are sick