SOMEONE WE LIKE!



Forget Rebbecca Black, the guys over at the SFC are kicking off the pr arm of things by putting us in touch with Rebbecca Bergcrantz who is currently doing Norf' London with her inimitable mix of self-produced electro and acoustic styles. Unbelievably Rebbecca has forged a sound that actually manages to stand out in the current sea of female singer-songwriters in norf' Lahndahn. Given she ended up living with us for the past few weeks we decided it would probably be worth running an interview and posting it here and all the usual places. Catch you after the drop and without farther ado some words from the lady herself.

Hey Rebecca, we really like the fact that you produce all your tracks yourself. So what software do you use?

I use Logic, sometimes Garageband, sometimes Abelton. I like moving a project between the programs to get an optimal sound.
 

How long have you been into writing and performing music?
I've been performing music all my life. I've been writing music very rarely through the years. The songwriting took off for real when I started to do electroic music, which only was last year, and that's because  I love the whole arranging bit. I find it extremely stimulating to be in charge of every single sound instead of only write a melody with chords and lyrics.
 

Most of your family seem to be pretty musically talented in varying ways. Are you classically trained?
 

I guess I'm more of a "schooled musician" than many of the bands around nowadays, but I would never ever call myself a "master in music theory". But as my parents are composers in jazz and classical music, it's always been important that we are some what able to master the musical notation, it makes it a lot easier to mediate your ideas to the band you play with. I wish I knew loads more but I'm way too lazy.
 

How do you feel about the state of the music industry today? With everyone d/l everything for free and the arse dropping out of the record sales business how do you see the future for young emerging artists?
 

I do see a future for us cause the people in the world will allways need music. It's just gonna be different from how it has been before. Can't say in what way yet. I just hope I can release at least one or two actual physical CD's before all sales are gonna be done digitally.

Is there a particular message behind your music?
Nothing more than I really can't see a point of doing this if you're gonna do something that's already been done. It might sound a bit pretentious but I believe it's all about creating and the message and the music are all there already, in the air. You just have to hear it and get it down on a paper.
 

Where can we catch you performing next?
At the moment me and my band are just rehearsing and figuring out the perfect way to do it live. But there are a lot of venues in London who've wanted me to play already. So in the middle- the end of the summer. :)
 

Is there an album in the works?
Can only say that there are options and it's very exciting =).

WORDS: BOBBY PEE

PHOTO: SUPPLIED

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to post some music! she has stuff on youtube you know...

GHAZGHULL THRAKAAA said...

REEEEEEEEEEEEMIX!

Anonymous said...

i think she's fit. n00dz? where's roro when you need him then

mc majestik said...

and do you actually know her? where's her myspace, etc modern jurnalizm lol

ESSEX said...

sorry l.a.d.z no n00dz, no roro - IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC RIGHT!!11

Anonymous said...

'like'

Anonymous said...

www.myspace.com/rebeccabergcrantz

Anonymous said...

still needs moar dubstep remix +1

Anonymous said...

also, +1

Anonymous said...

how many articles are you going to write about 'people you happen to live with'? maybe an interview with your cat / dog next?

GHAZGHULL THRAKAAA said...

hey, we're a pretty cool household - cry moar innit'

Anonymous said...

and i think you're soooo...

someone you know hahaha said...

FUCKED HER - BAM. you want my autograph contact me @ happyguy@gmail.com

if you're a publisher looking to publish a tell-all book its the same address and if you are the owner of this blog / one of the SFC whois: same, not doxing anybody so no need to hax me, just saying...

she said i was the best she had said...

trust me this is a HILAROUS story that all your readers would enjoy - come befre it is to late 'tick tock tick tock' price goes up longer i am kep wating


hahahaha

FITP are shit and killed a 17 yr old in 2006 said...

if i was rebecca i would sue this shit blog before they drag her name through the dirt. i wondered why they would have a non druggie / terrorist / left wing idiot on their site and heres why so they can set her up. a young gril. this is the depth people like this will sink to.

i am never reading this blog again. the commanichi article and the band have never heard of 'ghazghull thraka' OR fitp. i suggest you do the same and if you are on their mailer OR the SFC then block them now. they are liars, hackers and thieves and ruin lives for fun

GHAZGHULL THRAKAAA said...

^^ WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???

people are starting to message me (loving that i bet you loser) regarding 'the comments', I assumed she meant the usual SFC shit but whoever you are you're a twat, not everybody is as used to the net as we are and take that sort of thing more seriously.

notoriety IS NOT what we are looking for at this point (honest). you got a beef e-mail me or fuck off back to wordpress before we DOX you and your entire family you belm. (i think I know who you are anyway AH maybe?)

doing a redesign in a few days anyway and will prolly be moderating comments. p:s you ip is... well, y'know what I mean I'm sure...

Anonymous said...

moderating comments = the trolls have won.

very obviously it's some dick trying to be funny. in my opinion, STOP working with people who want to cry over comments or just bait and ruin them like back in the day, remember bishi? haha, back when FITP was good? remember the nation of islam? remember utah jazz? go back to winding people up, it's what made the blog popular, fuck all this rich kid indie stuff esp if you're going to let ONE TROLL shut you down. pfft lame.


and get on IRC, there's a load of us on there now @ #bannedtownroolz